Tuesday, September 10, 2013

34, really?!

I feel kind of bad that I get to celebrate 3 holidays back to back.
Valentines, Mother's day and my birthday all happen in 3 months. I won't complain though - I feel overly loved for 3 months out of the year. :) Add in an anniversary and Christmas and I've pretty much got the year covered to celebrate. haha!
We started out by watching Abbey and Lucas play soccer, came home for presents, lunch and dessert. My favorite part was not the gifts I received (seriously), but watching my kids watch me with the same anticipation I watch when they open presents. :) I loved each of their gifts and even if they hadn't told me which one they gave, I could have figured it out just by what it was. Each one was their personality and how they see me.
Mo was first and ever so helpful as he said 'Here's your present, mommy. It's a shirt.' then preceded to open it for me. ha!
 oh what a surprise - a shirt!
 isn't that the cutest!?
 new flip-flops from Abbs!
 it's getting intense...
 from Lucas
 from Lea - she gave me a pair of blue earrings - my 3rd pair to own....
 present watching was getting boring, for some.
 Judy sent me a bag she'd made and pair of really nice, sharp craft scissors - awesome!
 the moment they'd all been waiting for was the card from Jeff - it sings.
 when it sings, they dance!

 my birthday song: (the phrase that comes to mind is 'with gusto')
 when did I get so many candles?!
 Thank you to my husband and kids for making my day so special.

For the evening, we headed out to Beckers to party with them. I was so happy to enjoy a night out with them - love them dearly. We had a great time: eating, watching a movie, and dessert. Ate dinner at Rudy's (so yummy!), can't remember the movie, and we had dessert at Cheesecake Factory - which they don't give free dessert, but they do give a good performance and dessert.
 here's to another great year!

No comments: