Twin Lakes is our every year vacation with my family. They've been going since before I was born. We go with 3-4 other families and have grown tremendously since those first few years of about 30 people to 150+ each year.
We always go on Saturday. Friday night a microburst or mini-tornado ripped through the Reservation/Resort taking out the power and the water. We decided to hold off on going up on Saturday and leave Sunday morning if the power was restored. I don't mind camping without power - I do like a water source to drink from and wash my hands in and flushing toilets - although I don't mind washing my hands in the lake. The other families were heading up as they were driving from long distances and had food in their cars that would survive in the cabins, but not sitting in the cars. My brother Ryan and a couple nephews went too and were staying on South Twin. So the question comes - now what? We're all ready to go, but nowhere to go.
We play with bubbles in Grandma and Grandpa's big, green yard.
Tanner, Liz (holding Taylee), Ashley, Calla (holding Mo), Shay, Lucas, Lea, Brianna
No word from Twin Lakes, so now what. Kids are getting restless - adults are getting anxious, but still going to the stores and buying things. Let's go swimming! Rozann took her kids to visit her parents and their Woodward cousins. Kraig and his kids came over to swim.
motor boat, motor boat....
trying to get everyone under the water - Lucas has his feet in the air.....
working on our diving board skills:
the pencil
the jack-knife
the 'this-is-how-I-get-my-sister-wet-while-she's-taking-pictures bomb'
Grandpa even joined in the fun.
Cannon-ball?
Abbey looks like a flying squirrel with that shirt on - we found a sunshirt after the sunburn in Tahoe
what do we do next?
the girls: Rachel, Lea, Liz, Calla
it's their turn.






No comments:
Post a Comment