I wanted to make something that was simple and didn't cost a lot, so at Make it and Love it, I found this (a belt out of ribbon) and I made my own. 2 for Lea, 2 for her friend for her birthday and 2 for next week's party she's going too. Also going to make one for Lucas with football ribbon. One spool of ribbon made 1 - 36"belt and 1 of these - a sippy cup leash. We'll use it on the side of the stroller for walks and even discovered it will be good for the carseat since Abbey is a pro at dropping EVERYTHING on the far side of her carseat - out of easy reach for anyone.
Also saw an idea like this hair things, but not exactly - so simple and way cute! Cute button and one elastic. I cut some to see what it was like and then sewed the other ones on. Very quick!
This was not found on the crafty blogs, but I was inspired to make this for Lea, hoping that her meltdowns are a result of boredom and a need to do something good. While Jeff was taking her for a 2 1/2 mile walk, I sat down to get to work on this. To which she was happy to have and has taken it on - now Lucas wants to have a job and I'll be making him a chart when I can find my craft table after the above projects are finished! I found some cute posterboard at Walmart - some with a girlie pattern and a plain blue to match Lucas' room. Lea's is on a folder, but I'm going to transfer it to the cute posterboard - hopefully without ruining it!
I'm also in charge of a project for Super Saturday, not because I came up with the idea, but because my sister-in-law Rozann made one for me and a good friend of mine is on the enrichment committee and saw it. Now I get to make my own and help others too - should be interesting.... :) I would post a picture of the project, but it's currently at the church ready to display with all the other Super Saturday projects.




2 comments:
WOW!!! I always knew you were crafty!!! I love the hair elastics, and it looks like something even I could do ;)
I love it! Too cute, I want to make some of the ribbon belt and the button elastics too!
Post a Comment