Thursday, November 11, 2010

help! (*gulp*)

we're driving over this, this weekend....... The (are you ready for the name) Mike O'Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge or Hoover Dam Bypass
I AM SO VERY MUCH AFRAID OF HEIGHTS. Along with PLUNGING TO MY DEATH WITH FAMILY OVER THE EDGE OF A BRIDGE................I guess I know which part of our trip I will be trying to sleep for. It's safe to say I WILL NOT (neither will my kids) be walking across it, near it or anything else, but getting across in my vehicle at a reasonable and safe speed. Call it irrational, call it stupid, but I don't like it and it is one of my BIGGEST fears!!!!!
We've watched it being built and I don't like crossing the dam either, but that seems so much more stable since it goes ALL THE WAY TO THE GROUND, not suspended in mid-air.
April 2009


 Jan 2010

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow, I would Love Love Love to go over that! John will stay on the side lines with you while I do it! He has the same fear and is terrified of bridges! His mom use to tell him that she would throw him off the bridge if he didn't behave. She even stopped one time on the bridge. He hates them now! I on the other hand would walk accross it if they would let me! Awesome pictures!