We lost Lucas yesterday (Monday) in Home Depot while buying paint. I was at the paint counter with Abbey and I look up to see Jeff and Lea walking quickly back to me without Lucas - without saying a word, he shrugged his shoulders and went searching. They had been chasing around a display and Lucas switched directions, Jeff heard him do so and went backwards to look for him and he was gone. From where I was standing I could hear a faint cry, so I took off to find him. Told at least a half dozen employees - they sent out a code Adam and luckily I had remembered exactly what he was wearing and the red hair helps a lot...... There was this huge industrial fan on one aisle and this is where I could hear the crying, but couldn't find him. We searched all over the store and the store had every exit covered to make sure noone took him out. Almost in tears I let out a quiet plea for help. When I rounded the corner, I saw Jeff holding Lucas walking towards me. He had sat down in the aisle with the big fan, but was on the other side of a display and we couldn't see him. It was probably only 2 minutes, but it seemed like forever. I knew he hadn't left the store because I could still hear him crying. Hopefully he (Lucas) now understands why I freak out when he doesn't stay by me in stores.
So I learned a few things:
Although most men would love to be lost in Home Depot, it's not so much fun for a 4 year old or his parents
Take notice of what your kids are wearing - you may need to tell someone
Tell the front desk immediately!!!
It's okay to be a hovering mom
2 minutes is an ETERNITY when you can't find your child
Less tears were shed during this event than my talk, but the panic was still there
The Lord answered my urgent plea to find our boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment